Owning a rental property is a lot of work, but can be a worthwhile investment. A rental property management company saves you a lot of time and hassle, but here are ten additional features that can make you more money on your unfurnished rentals in Calgary.
Top Ten Features of Calgary Rentals
- Neighborhood – The location of the rental influences how often you face vacancies and the type of tenants you attract.
- Schools – Calgary rentals near decent schools are likely to have a higher property value.
- Property taxes – These are not standard. It may be worth paying higher taxes for a rental in a nice neighborhood, but that’s not always the case.
- Crime – Low crime rates make neighborhoods better places to live, and reduce the risk you’ll have to pay for damage due to vandalism.
- Job market – A thriving job market increases the demand for housing, meaning more opportunity for tenants.
- Amenities – Parks, gyms, movie theaters, and other perks tend to attract potential tenants if they are close to your Calgary rentals.
- Future development – An area with good growth is likely to attract tenants, but too much new housing provides competition.
- Listings and vacancies – A low number of listings and vacancies for a particular area allows you to raise rental rates.
- Rent – The average rent of an area should be enough to cover your rental property’s mortgage payment and other expenses.
- Natural disasters – Rental properties in areas not prone to natural disasters have less insurance to carry, which tends to make them more profitable.
Work with a Rental Property Management Company
A rental property management company promotes and maintains your rental property. This not only saves you a lot of headaches, but is an efficient and effective way to get the most out of your unfurnished rentals in Calgary.
Unison Realty is dedicated to helping you find your next home. We offer property management and home staging services to attract the right tenants and keep your property looking it’s best!
Unison Realty Group Ltd.
Calgary’s Choice for Property Management & Rentals
For any questions or enquires contact us:
Phone: (403) 219-3000
Email: [email protected]