You’ve just closed your house purchase-now what? Buyers have lots to do, besides unpacking and making minor repairs.
- Getting names and addresses, payment dates, account numbers and amounts to pay for the mortgage, taxes, condo maintenance and utility charges.
- Notifying everyone about your change of address-from the post office to credit card companies to the provincial health insurer.
- And don’t forget the provincial driver’s license and motor vehicle branch; failing to do so could lead to a fine.
- Where”911″doesn’t exist, obtain the emergency numbers of police, fire, ambulance, hospital and poison information centers.
- Determine garbage and recycling days.
- Arrange to get the interest on your deposit, if your offer provides for it.
- And most importantly, change the locks, or at least the tumblers, on all doors-who knows how many keys still remain in circulation?
- Consider upgrading the locks to deadbolts, for greater home security.