A good rental property can provide a steady flow of extra income, but it can also be a real pain. Managing a rental property yourself forces you to deal with evictions, bug infestations, broken toilets, and all kinds of headaches. Unfortunately, working with an inexperienced property management company doesn’t make things better, and may make the situation worse. Protect your rental property by finding an experienced Calgary property management company.
Questions to Ask Property Management Companies
As you begin to look at property management companies, make sure you are getting an experienced company who can handle the demands of your rental property. Here are some questions to ask when considering a company:
- How many years of experience do you have managing rental properties?
- What types of properties do you manage the most?
- How many Calgary rentals are you currently managing?
- How many people work for your company?
- How do you handle after-hours emergencies?
- What’s your process for finding good tenants?
- How do you advertise vacancies?
- How do you show properties?
- How do you handle evictions?
- How will you improve the profit margin on my Calgary rentals?
- How do you control maintenance costs?
- What is your fee structure?
- Are you licensed as a property management company?
- What kind of liability insurance do you carry?
Experienced Calgary Property Management
In addition to the above questions, you’ll want to get at least three references to talk to about the property management companies. Experienced companies are a valuable asset because they not only save you a lot of trouble but with their connections and expertise, they usually get the job done in the most efficient manner. Protect your property from inexperienced managers by working with a professional Calgary property management company.
Unison Realty is a full-service property management company dedicated to preserving your rental and the stress of being a landlord.
Unison Realty Group Ltd.
Calgary’s Choice for Property Management & Rentals
For any questions or enquiries contact us:
Phone: (403) 219-3000
Email: [email protected]